why are some bing search results suddenly redirecting me to other pages?

Anonymous
2022-06-07T00:41:17+00:00

this just started happening in the last three days. I don't know what specifically i am redirected to. It might be ads. i will click on real results, but the links that open in place, have nothing to do with what i click on. i have to click back, then the link again. They don't even appear in my history.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-02T16:52:21+00:00

    I don’t have this, but I will follow up with this probably sometime soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-23T17:46:12+00:00

    I recently received a report from Microsoft, about an Edge add-in called Visio Viewer (from the Microsoft Store). The report seemed to indicate it was a bad add-in, even though I have had it installed for years, and have been using it for years without issue. So I uninstalled it. So far, no recurring ad redirects from Bing. Let's see if this holds. For others, check your add-ins (extensions) and look for the Visio Viewer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-16T05:22:04+00:00

    I ran sfc /scannow and it fixed some registry issues and other things. i don't know what it fixed. i cannot understand it. might it have fixed anything pertaining?

    The redirect started again, so the plugin that I uninstalled might not be due to the plugin. it definitely is only in Edge at this time. On my search results, the links don't appear to start with bing something, The search engine is Bing, but the links can say anything. They can be anything that I searched for, and they might take me to something else. The new link will be mynewsearch at the beginning (or something like that). The edge browser will not find anything related to that topic, but Chrome will.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T18:31:13+00:00

    Well, I can check that, but I think it is possible that some plugins are malware since a link suggested that. It was unique to edge though. I want to fix the adapter setting, in case of any other issue. I believe a plug-in might have prompted it or an edge update. I think troubleshooting issues solves problems in my opinion (with technical things).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T16:46:04+00:00

    Yep, been happening to me and several others posting about it here on MS Answers.

    Using Win 11, MS Edge, Bing search results show one thing, but click on the link, and a new tab opens with an ad, not the result site.

    Go back to the original tab with search results. Click the same link a second time and get the correct site.

    Only happens about 50% of the time, not all the time.

    Easy to reproduce, if you have patience.

    Just search for something in Bing. Do not click on the ads at the top of the search results. Scroll down to a real search result with a web site link in the title. Make note of the web site. Click on the link, and half the time, a new tab will open with an ad site.

    Then go back to search results and click on the same search result title. Second time, a new tab will open with the correct site open.

    All of the links always start with "Bing.com..."

    Obviously, some type of a redirect in the backend Bing site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments