Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-01T23:40:42+00:00

    add it now please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-18T19:20:42+00:00

    You can use an image as a Wallpaper by pressing the start button (right of the Xbox button on controller) while hovering over the image and selecting save as background or something like that, the browser pauses for a few seconds and when you go to the Xbox home, your wallpaper has been applied

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-21T19:52:52+00:00

    **** sake can they hurry up with it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T20:27:50+00:00

    Well then wouldn't that mean that they should have a built in antivirus to deal with it? And plus it is already really easy to hack a xbox anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments