Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:
An error has occurred
There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.
Please refresh the page and try again.
I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Amirds
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.
The "they don't want use hacked" line doesn't cut it. They want us to only download or buy apps from them. It all comes down to money not about the safety of our systems.
Not gonna lie, even I’m surprised I’m even bothering to respond to a child. Read it again and again until you understand it.
Sad that they dont allow extensions, would be extremely useful if i could download an ad-blocker so i could use websites without getting ads straight up in my face.
so true