Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-19T08:53:04+00:00

    Same bro wth

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-27T00:48:12+00:00

    I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

    An error has occurred

    There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

    Please refresh the page and try again.

    I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

    Yeah ? Having to pay same price or greater as a PC CONSOLE AND TO NOT GET THE BASICS STANDERS OF A SMARTER PROFORMANCE IS CRAZY SCAM THIS CONSOLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO AS MUCH OR GREATER THEN A TABLET BUT EVEN A TABLET COMPATIBILITY IS GREATER !!! Hows THAT POSSIBLE

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-04T17:12:45+00:00

    < removed by moderator > If you needed a system like a tablet or a mini pc u dont buy an

    xbox, extension are disabled to prevent hacking/exploit like in ps3/4 microsoft cares about their system we cant say the same for sony 😒

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-04T18:35:34+00:00

    I agree certain things need to be lock down for security. But i think if certain apps where approved by ms\xbox from their store. Then you could give the add functionality as a pc but have the security covered. Obviously these would need to be subject to verification. By them

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments