Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-17T11:06:46+00:00

    So I'm forced to use Edge as a browser and I can't use any features... not cool man. It's so limited.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T19:48:24+00:00

    Yes, rather than failing it would be better for Microsoft to remove or disable the button if viewed via xbox

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-08T22:48:28+00:00

    Hello Microsoft, please find a way around it and make it possible to use edge extensions

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-09T06:55:39+00:00

    How about microsoft have a active list of safe know extensions, which could be search for instore addons, to be selected by the user. Thus would allow microsoft xbox, to be in control with regards to security concerns, but would give the user of the xbox a choice of extension that could be added, without the vulnerability of security concerns.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments