Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T04:05:07+00:00

    I disagree with this finding, Edge for Xbox directly says that you can use extensions form the chrome web store, and I can install absolutely no extensions while getting the same error as the user who posted this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T05:41:51+00:00

    I can't install anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-10T19:30:43+00:00

    That isnt true because i could install stuff on my xbox one

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments