Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-22T07:53:57+00:00

    I think xbox really is mising a trick here. I find myself using the xbox series as entetainment system. Mostly for games, streaming bbc iplayer, itv hub etc.

    But i also use edge for surfing the web, email and even purchases. What a is annoying, is this function which is disabled by ms. But on the same note they have ms rewards running, tracking the searches you make. That is using javascript protocol.

    So i can not see why they cant. I missing out on topcashback when i make a purchase.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T14:14:13+00:00

    Not working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T23:57:07+00:00

    yes please

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T23:56:14+00:00

    Why hasn't this happened yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments