Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-11T22:54:30+00:00

    Does it work now December 11th 2022?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-05T15:11:16+00:00

    It's not faulty. It has been made closed browser as some like to call it. As it has disabled certain features that are available on the PC version for security concerns.

    This is a typical way that hackers attack computer systems. As these services turn on, allow access to be able to plant or steak certain information from your pc. Most people have virus protection and a firewall of some type on a pc. Xbox doesn't have this. So disabling these features makes the Xbox more secure they could add more verified apps to their store. But they choose not to bother.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-05T14:11:03+00:00

    Maybe what u are requesting they are working on It / or maybe Is not possibile to do at the Moment

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-05T05:34:03+00:00

    edge is not a closed browser. I can add extensions to edge on my laptop no problem. It is the x box version that is faulty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments