Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T02:58:08+00:00

    So, I Tried Downloading The "Guard.io" Extension And It say I Cant Get It. Its Not Running Like A PC its just Wont Work.

    This Personally Wont Work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-13T19:34:02+00:00

    Bruh. If it was just like on the pc, we could add extensions in it 💀

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-07T17:02:40+00:00

    I STRONGLY AGREE :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments