Can't install any edge extensions on Xbox series X

Anonymous
2022-02-07T08:54:01+00:00

I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:

An error has occurred

There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.

Please refresh the page and try again.

I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.

Microsoft Edge | Browser extensions | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-02-07T09:28:59+00:00

Hi Amirds

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T07:51:49+00:00

    so true

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T11:02:43+00:00

    Sad that they dont allow extensions, would be extremely useful if i could download an ad-blocker so i could use websites without getting ads straight up in my face.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-09T05:04:00+00:00

    Not gonna lie, even I’m surprised I’m even bothering to respond to a child. Read it again and again until you understand it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T10:35:25+00:00

    The "they don't want use hacked" line doesn't cut it. They want us to only download or buy apps from them. It all comes down to money not about the safety of our systems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments