Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I was browsing on Microsoft edge when I found something very cool that I wanted to download. I researched it online to make sure it wasn't a virus that would steal my information and clicked on the download button. Though instead of starting to download this app, it brought me to a screen that said, "the connection to this site is not secure" and below it read that the page "sent an invalid response". I had already confirmed that this wasn't a virus but the videos I had watched informed me that my antivirus might think it was one and shut it down completely. So, I went into my settings and disabled both the firewall and auto protect for my antivirus (Norton 360). After shutting down my antivirus I went back to the download page and clicked download. Same page popped up. I tried refreshing the page, but nothing changed. I tried looking up articles about people having the same issues as me on YouTube and other websites, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hackeado
Need to open locking my account Facebook I don’t have access to the number or email the phone number that it’s plugged into it is 360-608-3984
Hello everyone, I have tested a few settings and found a solution for us. (Company environment)
In general, make sure Defender SmartScreen is not the reason for the website block. To test this, you can disable Defender over Registry on your client or over GPO.
https://admx.help/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.SmartScreen::ShellConfigureSmartScreen
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System > EnableSmartScreen > Set to "0" for testing.
Once confirmed it is not SmartScreen, we assume it is coming from the Edge Settings.
For a start, I suggest to check the applied policies by opening: edge://policy/
There I found following setting: SSLErrorOverrideAllowed
https://admx.help/?Category=EdgeChromium&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.Edge::SSLErrorOverrideAllowed
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge > SSLErrorOverrideAllowed > Set the value to "1", then you should see the button "continue anyway" or "continue to untrusted site".
Hope this helps for some!
If the issue comes from SmartScreen, check for settings regarding "PreventSmartScreenPromptOverride" or also Microsoft's Network Protection.
If you have access to a Defender portal, you can add a website to an allow list here -> Defender for Endpoint Rules -> Indicator -> Note Website as Allow.
Hope it helps!
I like so many others are experiencing this ssl error or dns error that prevents me from doing the work i spent $3000 for Microsoft 11. How could Microsoft release this OS with such a big hole. It is absurd. I cannot use this $3000 computer to do the things it should be able to do. i have tried every solution offered by Microsoft, you Tube, Bing, Google and AI, to no avail.
come on Microsoft this is not what hundreds of millions on users have paid for. when will it be fixe? Or should I use a MAC or different OS.
Has anybody figured this out? From what i have read, i have not found a user's or Microsoft correction. somebody, please help!
There is a solution. In Edge/Chrome when reaching the page just type "thisisunsafe" and you will bypass the warning.