Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I was browsing on Microsoft edge when I found something very cool that I wanted to download. I researched it online to make sure it wasn't a virus that would steal my information and clicked on the download button. Though instead of starting to download this app, it brought me to a screen that said, "the connection to this site is not secure" and below it read that the page "sent an invalid response". I had already confirmed that this wasn't a virus but the videos I had watched informed me that my antivirus might think it was one and shut it down completely. So, I went into my settings and disabled both the firewall and auto protect for my antivirus (Norton 360). After shutting down my antivirus I went back to the download page and clicked download. Same page popped up. I tried refreshing the page, but nothing changed. I tried looking up articles about people having the same issues as me on YouTube and other websites, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
There is a solution. In Edge/Chrome when reaching the page just type "thisisunsafe" and you will bypass the warning.
Same here. Started yesterday afternoon.
It sounds like you are experiencing some issues downloading an app and are receiving an error message stating that the connection to the site is not secure. This error can occur when a website's security certificate is invalid or when the website is not using the HTTPS protocol to encrypt data.
It's good that you researched the app to ensure it was not a virus before attempting to download it. However, disabling your antivirus software and firewall can leave your computer vulnerable to potential threats.
Before attempting to download the app again, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, and then restarting your browser. This can sometimes resolve issues with website connections.
If the problem persists, you could try downloading the app from a different website, or contact the website's support team to see if they can provide assistance.
It's important to remember that disabling your antivirus and firewall should only be done as a last resort and that doing so can put your computer at risk. If you are unsure about the safety of a website or app, it's always better to err on the side of caution and avoid downloading it.
This is happening to me when accessing the microsoft portal - portal.microsoftonline.com I login and then receive an error that www.microsoft365.com is not secure.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more