"The Connection for This Site is Not Secure"

Anonymous
2022-09-02T21:27:43+00:00

I was browsing on Microsoft edge when I found something very cool that I wanted to download. I researched it online to make sure it wasn't a virus that would steal my information and clicked on the download button. Though instead of starting to download this app, it brought me to a screen that said, "the connection to this site is not secure" and below it read that the page "sent an invalid response". I had already confirmed that this wasn't a virus but the videos I had watched informed me that my antivirus might think it was one and shut it down completely. So, I went into my settings and disabled both the firewall and auto protect for my antivirus (Norton 360). After shutting down my antivirus I went back to the download page and clicked download. Same page popped up. I tried refreshing the page, but nothing changed. I tried looking up articles about people having the same issues as me on YouTube and other websites, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

20 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T04:47:58+00:00

    This still doesnt work, I've tried multiple times and it still wont stop showing me the connection to this site is not secure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-02T23:44:55+00:00

    Edge will block downloads from insecure origins. This will happen, for example, if you visit a site that is properly secured (its address starts with https://) but the download site itself isn't. If you're absolutely certain that the download itself and the site you're downloading from are both safe, you can allow the insecure download to go ahead:

    1. Click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Cookies and site permissions
    2. Under Site permissions, scroll down to Insecure content and click on it.
    3. In the Allow section, click Add and enter the domain of the site you were visiting, e.g. www.domain.com
    4. Try the download again.

    You have been warned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T18:50:33+00:00

    Why is this so damn hard? Why isn't there a solution to this? This has been an issue for years and still no real answer

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T14:20:38+00:00

    Hello, I have been trying this for the past week, and it isn't working.

    I can't use chrome, either. (IP address is located in a different state.)

    Things like steam or even logging into my own Microsoft account there are impossible.

    I would like deeper help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T12:38:11+00:00

    There are comments on www forums describing this issue and attributing it to the 'phone companies, who ('arbitrarily') prefer to deny (U.k.) users access to some websites, such as 'Internet Archive', etc..., which work according to the old, or early concepts of the internet - when access was assumed to be free and people shared information, before the 'shopping giants' gained domination and data was monetised;

    there seems to be little ( one ) can do.....

    (It takes some time just to find those comments) ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments