Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.
* Moved from MSN
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.
First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window
Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"
In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.
Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"
Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"
Here, you can remove all "features" and content
Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)
Hope this helps everyone!
Eric2597_3o9 wrote:
Nothing posted addresses the issue. Is there any way to prevent the bing search page from loading when I right-click on the edge icon in the taskbar and select "new window" ???:
In Edge > Settings > Start, home & new tabs > when Edge starts, the options are
* Open the new tab page
* Open tabs from the previous session
* Open these pages.
If you've chosen this, what webpages are opening?
Which of those have you selected?
Don
All 3 choices have the exact same result I edit the URL and put in what I want which is ducked go and like I said all 3 choices Result in a Microsoft page...
All 3 choices have the exact same result I edit the URL and put in what I want which is ducked go and like I said all 3 choices Result in a Microsoft page...
If you've selected Open these pages and have only https://duckduckgo.com/ listed you shouldn't be seeing Bing.
Don
... all 3 choices Result in a Microsoft page...
You said that this happens when you right-click on the edge icon in the taskbar and select "new window". The settings Don is referring to only apply when launching Edge. If it's already running, a new window will always open with the New Tab Page.
This is a page served by MSN, with (depending on its user configuration) some content provided by Bing. Whether Bing is involved or not depends on both the Page settings accessed via the gear icon in its top right-hand corner and on the Address bar and search settings at edge://settings/search. What you won't ever get is the DuckDuckGo home page, because it's just not necessary. Set up the page properly and all your searches will be carried out by DDG.