How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T21:48:53+00:00

    Thank you, "firedog."

    Finally no more msn-news feed.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-11T13:53:19+00:00

    It works one time, I restart de computer and back to the same msn :-(

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-11T14:09:01+00:00

    ... I restart de computer and back to the same

    The New Tab Page is just a web page on the msn.com domain. Any preferences you express by selecting options on the various configuration menus are saved in msn.com cookies, so make sure you're not clearing those cookies, e.g. on closing the browser.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-28T19:52:06+00:00

    Nothing posted addresses the issue. Is there any way to prevent the bing search page from loading when I right-click on the edge icon in the taskbar and select "new window" ???:

    0 comments No comments