How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T21:29:38+00:00

    Hello,

    Are you currently having an issue were you startup pages or specific pages set are not loading on startup?

    The engineering team is working on this issue if so.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-30T17:41:35+00:00

    I guess you must be still working on it because I still get the same page everyone else is trying to get rid of. I put EDGE on my computer because I was hoping it would be better that Internet Explorer. Nope. Time to delete but hey, at least I tried.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-30T18:05:35+00:00

    I guess you must be still working on it because I still get the same page everyone else is trying to get rid of. I put EDGE on my computer because I was hoping it would be better that Internet Explorer. Nope. Time to delete but hey, at least I tried.

    Edge > 3 dots > Settings > On startup . . . Which option have you selected?

    Edge > Settings > Appearance > Show Home button & set homepage > What have you selected?

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-30T22:10:06+00:00

    How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

    If Edge launches with the New Tab Page, you can remove the MSN news feed from the page that opens:

    1. Open a new tab.
    2. Click on the gear icon in its top right-hand corner.
    3. Select Custom.
    4. Under Content at the bottom of the menu select Content off from the dropdown.

    Other responders have explained how to change the page that Edge opens on launch.

    0 comments No comments