How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-05-27T23:14:27+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for being patient with me 

    The problem is still not solved

    In Edge > Settings > on startup, the options are

       * Open a new tab

       * Continue where you left off

       * Open a specific page or pages.

          If you've chosen this, what webpages are opening?

    Which of those have you selected?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-28T06:31:06+00:00

    This issue needs to be fixed.

    It was working fine before.

    Edge ignores any option that is chosen and will always open up the default Microsoft Search page, regardless of what custom page you might have had.

    It also defaults to the address bar, instead of the search bar.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-28T07:22:55+00:00

    Hello,

    I've tried doing a specific page but it keeps getting the same default page and even if I put continue where I left off the default page opens.

    0 comments No comments