How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2022-01-06T08:11:43+00:00

    I will admit that is a bit bizarre and weird. From Edge Settings will you please provide a snip of the Star, Home and New Tabs section. Thank you.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6abc8de1-fdb2-4592-985d-af24d8a04d5e?platform=QnA![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/bb2a5552-c3d6-49e3-9188-2a61e7653cb5?platform=QnA

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-06T17:09:54+00:00

    I DO WANT TO REMOVE MSN--I WANT TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ALTOGETHER. READ YOU MESSAGES AND STOP ASSUMING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM CAN ANSWER EVERYTHING!!!!!

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T00:23:05+00:00

    I DO WANT TO REMOVE MSN--

    The question you replied to reads How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ? I answered this here: Thread "How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?": ¡Firedog's reply on June 30, 2021

    I WANT TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ALTOGETHER.

    That's not what was asked. You can find instructions for removing Edge in many sites with a simple search. However, if you do manage to remove it, you should be prepared to see it come back, because Windows needs it.

    READ YOU MESSAGES AND STOP ASSUMING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM CAN ANSWER EVERYTHING!!!!!

    I think you've misunderstood how this forum works, so I'd suggest you review the FAQ for this community.

    0 comments No comments