How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T21:57:25+00:00

    I do not like, want, or need microsoft edge on my system now or ever in the future, remove it

    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-01-01T22:21:10+00:00

    I do not like, want, or need microsoft edge on my system now or ever in the future, remove it


    The Official word.

    Why can't I uninstall Microsoft Edge?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/why-can-t-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge-ee150b3b-7d7a-9984-6d83-eb36683d526d 

    You can make Edge all but invisible.

    If you don't use Edge, don't intend to use Edge, here are procedures/settings that will keep Edge out of sight, out of mind.

    When Internet Explorer was my default browser, I never saw or heard from Edge unless I deliberately open it.

    1. Set Internet Explorer or another browser as the default browser.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5507-choose-default-apps-windows-10-a.html

    1. Same link as #1. Set Adobe Reader or another program as the default for opening PDF files, instead of Edge.
    2. Since Cortana is going to search the web with Edge and Bing, don't search the web with Cortana. Use Internet Explorer or another browser to go to your preferred search page or search from the Address Bar.

    Or...

    1. Disable Edge by renaming exe files

    https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/15999-how-remove-disable-windows-edge-browser.html

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-02T17:03:05+00:00

    I dot want to"minimize" edge I want it gone. I do not respond well to being forced to upgrade or add if I do not have an issue with my system!

    0 comments No comments