How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T11:19:02+00:00

    Ony solution looks like being install of other web browser

    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2021-12-06T04:47:35+00:00

    What a bummer... works just fine for myself. I usually have the Content OFF, which means having none of the MSN News feed, at all, on the NTP.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e5350a8d-076e-40af-ac6e-aab31301fb17?platform=QnA![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/460935cf-5baa-44f2-bb5a-9ba1c6b328a9?platform=QnA

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-06T03:37:33+00:00

    I too would like to get rid of the msn propaganda, but I think it's impossible. I think you have to use a different browser. Get away from Microsoft at all costs.

    Yes, thank you.

    I used "ifiredogs" instructions and was able to rid myself of their (MSN-Microsoft...) propaganda.

    The latest versions 96.0.xxxx.xx (with 97.0.xxxx.xx expected in Jan 22) have the settings option to have NO CONTENT on the New Tab page. I am actually considering removing the about:blank setting for the start page thanks to that new option.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-06T03:29:12+00:00

    I have done that and it does not work.

    0 comments No comments