How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T17:39:43+00:00

    The latest versions 96.0.xxxx.xx (with 97.0.xxxx.xx expected in Jan 22) have the settings option to have NO CONTENT on the New Tab page.

    The option to turn Content off on the New Tab Page has been available since at least Edge 83. This screenshot was taken 18 months ago, in June 2020:

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T17:32:27+00:00

    Hello,

    I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

    * Moved from MSN

    If you have been following a few other threads, the Microsoft Edge team has been having a series of brain farts in a flurry of new releases since 96.0.1054.29 . One release will acknowledge your settings for the Start page, the next will ignore them, the next will acknowledge, the next ignore. .47 is ignoring the start page setting. They are anticipating that 97. will come out in January.

    My issue was awaking from sleep. It always opened a new instance of ME with a bing search. Just found that it was a Display setting to open sessions with Windows Spotlight (usually opened a Bing search, but occassionally an MSN topic for Spotlight) instead of a fixed Picture. Changed that setting to Picture and set the MSN customization to CONTENT OFF so I get no propaganda. I still have the about:blank set as my Start page (ME is ignoring the setting in this release) but with the MSN set to CONTENT OFF it doesn't bother me, as much. I only browse InPrivate, anyway, so the cookies and history are cleared regularly.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-12-08T12:30:56+00:00

    Ony solution looks like being install of other web browser

    Posters in this thread have referred to the Start page, the Home page and the New Tab page. On which of these pages are you seeing MSN?

    Don

    0 comments No comments