How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-06T07:37:17+00:00

    I have done that. My home page is set for the page I want but windows 10 edge does not open to that page. It opens to MSN and then I can click the home button to go to the page it is set to open too. Maybe about 1 in a 100 times it will open to the set home page but opens 99 times to MSN.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2022-01-03T19:25:11+00:00
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-02T22:04:49+00:00

    I do not respond well to being forced to upgrade or add if I do not have an issue with my system!

    Perhaps you should be looking for a different operating system, then. Please check the licence agreement you accepted when you first set Windows 10 up. You can find it by running winver and clicking on the link; the relevant part is §6.

    Edge has been part of Windows 10 since its release in 2015.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2022-01-02T18:36:40+00:00

    The reason or reasons we update or upgrade IS NOT because of "having an 'issue' with one's system".

    Nor does the word "forced" belong in the conversation.

    There is no need to remove Edge if someone wants to use some other browser.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/52444cbf-3121-4e1e-be29-11011b6f2547?platform=QnA

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/d433b030-1e41-4438-9103-0ab09e254f80?platform=QnA

    0 comments No comments