How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-22T16:09:06+00:00

    Ony solution looks like being install of other web browser

    Posters in this thread have referred to the Start page, the Home page and the New Tab page. On which of these pages are you seeing MSN?

    Don

    Hi Don, good question, but I think the point is there should be ONE setting to turn off all Microsoft and MSN pages from loading automatically, not three or four settings in three or four different areas, buried in sub-menus. people don't think of a start page, home page, or New Tab page as being different.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-31T19:35:07+00:00

    Oh my Gosh, it worked! I got rid of that awful Leftist MSN Propaganda Page! I've been trying unsuccessfully to do that since I got my new Laptop. Thank you so much!!

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-13T18:46:29+00:00

    Get rid of all old EDGE shortcuts and build new ones on Start or Task bars. It appears Edge shortcuts are no longer allowed on the desktop. Using old shortcuts don't seem to follow settings.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2022-01-07T03:39:30+00:00

    And, you, stop writing in caps❗

    As per the Forum CoC is it not allowed nor is it an acceptable practice.

    I will, also, mention at no point during your rants about your wants have you given a reason for them and that is not cool, either, IMHO.

    Cheers,
    Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/a9f14da7-0451-4de2-b07f-6d6cbd49d70c?platform=QnA![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/a8740b82-6e4b-4c3e-80e4-c65f41540c54?platform=QnA

    0 comments No comments