How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-13T18:46:29+00:00

    Get rid of all old EDGE shortcuts and build new ones on Start or Task bars. It appears Edge shortcuts are no longer allowed on the desktop. Using old shortcuts don't seem to follow settings.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-06T17:09:54+00:00

    I DO WANT TO REMOVE MSN--I WANT TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ALTOGETHER. READ YOU MESSAGES AND STOP ASSUMING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM CAN ANSWER EVERYTHING!!!!!

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-02T22:04:49+00:00

    I do not respond well to being forced to upgrade or add if I do not have an issue with my system!

    Perhaps you should be looking for a different operating system, then. Please check the licence agreement you accepted when you first set Windows 10 up. You can find it by running winver and clicking on the link; the relevant part is §6.

    Edge has been part of Windows 10 since its release in 2015.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T13:09:55+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the help.

    The Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC: version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)

    The version of Edge installed on the PC: Version 90.0.818.66 (Official build) (64-bit)

    I followed the steps and added the URL.

    0 comments No comments