How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T17:32:27+00:00

    Hello,

    I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

    * Moved from MSN

    If you have been following a few other threads, the Microsoft Edge team has been having a series of brain farts in a flurry of new releases since 96.0.1054.29 . One release will acknowledge your settings for the Start page, the next will ignore them, the next will acknowledge, the next ignore. .47 is ignoring the start page setting. They are anticipating that 97. will come out in January.

    My issue was awaking from sleep. It always opened a new instance of ME with a bing search. Just found that it was a Display setting to open sessions with Windows Spotlight (usually opened a Bing search, but occassionally an MSN topic for Spotlight) instead of a fixed Picture. Changed that setting to Picture and set the MSN customization to CONTENT OFF so I get no propaganda. I still have the about:blank set as my Start page (ME is ignoring the setting in this release) but with the MSN set to CONTENT OFF it doesn't bother me, as much. I only browse InPrivate, anyway, so the cookies and history are cleared regularly.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T11:19:02+00:00

    Ony solution looks like being install of other web browser

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-29T04:36:14+00:00

    All 3 choices have the exact same result I edit the URL and put in what I want which is ducked go and like I said all 3 choices Result in a Microsoft page...

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-28T19:52:06+00:00

    Nothing posted addresses the issue. Is there any way to prevent the bing search page from loading when I right-click on the edge icon in the taskbar and select "new window" ???:

    0 comments No comments