Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.
* Moved from MSN
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.
First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window
Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"
In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.
Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"
Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"
Here, you can remove all "features" and content
Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)
Hope this helps everyone!
Hello,
I've tried doing a specific page but it keeps getting the same default page and even if I put continue where I left off the default page opens.
Hello,
Thank you for being patient with me
The problem is still not solved
I too would like to get rid of the msn propaganda, but I think it's impossible. I think you have to use a different browser. Get away from Microsoft at all costs.
Hello,
Nothing is fixing the problem but thank you for the effort