will new edge browser run on Windows RT 8.1 ?

Anonymous
2020-05-01T09:30:45+00:00

Hello all

Does anyone know if  Microsoft will port  new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1   ARM devices too?  I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it  didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.

Regards

Mehmet

Microsoft Edge | Other | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T01:46:15+00:00

    As the new year approches, Microsoft always release  a beta version of thenew operating system. The current version of Windows 10 have new release and updtes. Now, MS users have to download the latest broweser MS Edge. 

    MS tech , is there any way surface  RT users ( using Atom processor)  can get a USB download of MS Edge ?

    What can MS tech and programmers of high level tech needs to relese a dowloadable form of MS Edge for Surface RT or any ATOM processor ? I know finance is not the issue ?I wonder what is the difficulty ?  will we ever know?

    Microsoft RT users?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T22:00:15+00:00

    Microsoft has abandoned its customers again. First they abandoned Windows Mobile customers then they abandoned Windows RT customers. I cannot trust Microsoft any more. I wont use Microsoft products. I use Android (Linux) for my phones and Ubuntu (Linux) for my computers and LibreOffice (Linux) for word processing. Mike.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-27T11:20:43+00:00

    Hello

    I have the same problem.

    Sign 

    http://chng.it/jW9NSVPZPp

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-30T15:58:07+00:00

    shame on Microsoft they haven't been providing any updates for windows arm devices for quite a while now and even the IE is not supporting many essential sites. I want Microsoft to atleast provide basic updates to us arm users. It isn't inexpensive so that must a courtesy of them to us

    Not surprised about M$ as they want the $$$$$ and thats it! Good luck. Im glad i dont do anything important with mine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T17:30:24+00:00

    Microsoft, are you such arrogant ****'s that you would not listen to multiple customers asking for you to support your device? Most companies are spending money looking for customers and you are actively ignoring yours. These are people, not shopping, but trying to buy and you won't do anything? These are people who have invested in your previous success and you are turning your back on them because you're successful? You have made money so you'll move on? Look around at the landscape of big companies that no longer exist and you will be one of them if you treat your customers this way. Shame on you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments