will new edge browser run on Windows RT 8.1 ?

Anonymous
2020-05-01T09:30:45+00:00

Hello all

Does anyone know if  Microsoft will port  new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1   ARM devices too?  I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it  didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.

Regards

Mehmet

Microsoft Edge | Other | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-09T19:32:54+00:00

    I, too, need a new browser for my Win 8.1 RT. PLEASE give RT users a new browser.

    Yes... please please please. Give the Win 8.1 RT Community a current, decent browser.

    Otherwise, this peace of hardware is nothing more than a board for cutting butter or bread. Or unveal a solution for breaking out of the ms universe by opening the boot loader for eg. linux so the 500+ EUR are not simply thrown away.

    I never ever bought a piece of hardware I am so disappointed about. And whenever someone asks me whether he should buy hardware from microsoft... i would always ever say "no, please don't do it!". Hardware market is not in focus of microsoft, it is allways more a market analysis, looking after silly people and forget about them after several months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T16:01:13+00:00

    I am still a Surface RT tablet user. The platform for IE Browser is no longer supported. I have tried to download private Browser Sidekick and there was a problem during download on Microsoft end of the download site. I know the device needs update. In order to continue using this device I need a supported acceptable browser.

    Does anyone knows a supported browser for this device?

    thanks for your support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T08:02:17+00:00

    Sidekick Browser won't help as I'm assuming it uses the IE engine to do it's rendering. Currently there's no alternative and given MS no longer support the device I doubt we'll see Edge for Surface RT at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T13:33:25+00:00

    well thanks for the response, that is sad. Now a surface RT that can thrown away to collectibles instead of put to good use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T13:44:32+00:00

    I wish they JUST let us to install ChromeOS or any lightweight Linux flavor  on it.  UEFI is locked. You can't do anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments