will new edge browser run on Windows RT 8.1 ?

Anonymous
2020-05-01T09:30:45+00:00

Hello all

Does anyone know if  Microsoft will port  new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1   ARM devices too?  I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it  didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.

Regards

Mehmet

Microsoft Edge | Other | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-02T04:53:15+00:00

    shame on Microsoft they haven't been providing any updates for windows arm devices for quite a while now and even the IE is not supporting many essential sites. I want Microsoft to atleast provide basic updates to us arm users. It isn't inexpensive so that must a courtesy of them to us

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T21:40:45+00:00

    shame on Microsoft they haven't been providing any updates for windows arm devices for quite a while now and even the IE is not supporting many essential sites. I want Microsoft to atleast provide basic updates to us arm users. It isn't inexpensive so that must a courtesy of them to us

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-08T22:19:38+00:00

    I love my Microsoft Surface RT with Windows 8.1. But as others have written, I can no longer access various websites with Windows Explorer. Gmail loads very slowly or not at all. We need a new browser or at least and updated browser!

    Thanks and please let us know when something is available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-06T02:30:31+00:00

    Hi MehmetBaserdem,

    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.

    As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.

    Sincerely,

    Lee

    Hello, as I actually have a Microsoft Surface RT 8.1, can Microsoft inform when the Microsoft Edge App needed will be available for install on the hardware/software  Microsoft product. Many sites are no longer supporting Explorer, so it is absolutely needed!

    Hi, 

    I am also using RT 81. I Totally agree with cpdch.

    Can Microsoft release edge for this? Many sites already do not support IE.

    Will they release for any 3rd party browser?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T01:13:58+00:00

    I, too, need a new browser for my Win 8.1 RT. PLEASE give RT users a new browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments