Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello all
Does anyone know if Microsoft will port new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1 ARM devices too? I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.
Regards
Mehmet
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi MehmetBaserdem,
The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.
As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.
Sincerely,
Lee
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi MehmetBaserdem,
The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.
As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.
Sincerely,
Lee
Hello, as I actually have a Microsoft Surface RT 8.1, can Microsoft inform when the Microsoft Edge App needed will be available for install on the hardware/software Microsoft product. Many sites are no longer supporting Explorer, so it is absolutely needed!
Hi,
I am also using RT 81. I Totally agree with cpdch.
Can Microsoft release edge for this? Many sites already do not support IE.
Will they release for any 3rd party browser?
The surface RT I use is a fine tool, but shame on you Microsoft! It can't be that difficult to put the link to Microsoft Edge in the Store.
Come on! Help us out!
I payed good money fot this device when it came out. So, I deserve good service!!!
Get it done!!