Draw and hidden tabs buttons disappeared on new Edge update

Anonymous
2020-01-24T09:06:22+00:00

Hi,

So, recently I installed the newest update of Microsoft Edge, and two of my most favorite buttons - hidden tabs button and the drawing button (I use touchscreen) disappeared. These two features were the main reason why I preferred Edge to any other browser, and now, they are gone. I wonder if it would be possible to return both or any of them back and if so, how? If that's not possible, where can I download an older version of Edge?

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T07:41:22+00:00

    I don't know about webpages but I used to liked editing pdf's on edge but as you said the draw function had been compromised. However, I found a solution that worked for me: go into settings in microsoft edge (3 dots at the top right of the screen>settings>about Microsoft Edge make sure you have the latest update and then press restart in order to complete the update. now I'm able to change the color of the pen and the thickness on pdf's

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T18:23:29+00:00

    Hi Derman_111

    development of Edge will continue (in the same way that windows does) with new features being added in future releases.

    you can send feedback to the development team (or Alt+Shift+I from within edge)

    we do know that tab set aside is being considered.

    in the meantime, if you want to go back to the old version of edge.

    you can uninstall Edge Chromium settings -> apps -> apps & features

    click on Microsoft Edge and click the uninstall button.

    The old Edge will then be available in the start menu program list.

    the taskbar icon is not automatically restored but edge can be pinned to the taskbar.

    hope this helps, please let me know if you experience any problems

    Dear MS developers, I agree that there is only so much you can fit in the FULL open window of any program and sure, some users dont utilize a lot of this new or old features along with the presure to be in the cutting edge of having the best web browser in the market because to me, Microsoft has have the best ever since its inception with Window 95.

    On this removing well known tools and one of which we had been waiting for quite some time and now is gone again.

    My opinion is that how could we make these tools be installed or removed from the IE, Edge or whatever you endup calling the new versions of the web browser in the same way we install or uninstall Extensions.

    Extensions should be a great way to personalize Microsoft Edge with tools from the desktop or pure web based utilities such as web conferencing or portable applications used on the road and at home office.

    So, some users who dont use it, they have the option of removing and replacing "it" with the tools they use the most. A modular version of Microsoft Edge if you dont want to use the word Extensions.

    Thanks for reading.

    Jorge Rico.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-24T02:34:23+00:00

    Hey, this is another one facing the same problem. 

    Tried the methodology mentioned above but got stuck into the uninstallation process.

    System isn't allowing the uninstallation off the PC!

    Please let me know how were you able to get away through this mess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments