Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
So, recently I installed the newest update of Microsoft Edge, and two of my most favorite buttons - hidden tabs button and the drawing button (I use touchscreen) disappeared. These two features were the main reason why I preferred Edge to any other browser, and now, they are gone. I wonder if it would be possible to return both or any of them back and if so, how? If that's not possible, where can I download an older version of Edge?
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello. Is there a way to bring back the hidden tab function. I just lost a lot of pages that I was saving for research and other personal activities. I am honestly very pissed off that this update has removed this function. I have seen many others comment about how they are peeved with this development. Please find a way to correct this issue, because I am deciding whether it is worth even using a browser that will screw over its customers. Microsoft has a habit of removing well loved and widely used functions, and I am honestly getting fed up! I depended on using that function, and now I have to start over!
Same here. The system does not seem to allow for uninstallation.
Edge without drawing function is really no different from other browsers.
Hi Derman_111
development of Edge will continue (in the same way that windows does) with new features being added in future releases.
you can send feedback to the development team (or Alt+Shift+I from within edge)
we do know that tab set aside is being considered.
in the meantime, if you want to go back to the old version of edge.
you can uninstall Edge Chromium settings -> apps -> apps & features
click on Microsoft Edge and click the uninstall button.
The old Edge will then be available in the start menu program list.
the taskbar icon is not automatically restored but edge can be pinned to the taskbar.
hope this helps, please let me know if you experience any problems
Hi Derman_111
development of Edge will continue (in the same way that windows does) with new features being added in future releases.
you can send feedback to the development team (or Alt+Shift+I from within edge)
we do know that tab set aside is being considered.
in the meantime, if you want to go back to the old version of edge.
you can uninstall Edge Chromium settings -> apps -> apps & features
click on Microsoft Edge and click the uninstall button.
The old Edge will then be available in the start menu program list.
the taskbar icon is not automatically restored but edge can be pinned to the taskbar.
hope this helps, please let me know if you experience any problems
Sorry i couldn't offer a fix. hopefully Microsoft will add the features shortly
Wow, such a fast response! Thanks this was very helpful.