Draw and hidden tabs buttons disappeared on new Edge update

Anonymous
2020-01-24T09:06:22+00:00

Hi,

So, recently I installed the newest update of Microsoft Edge, and two of my most favorite buttons - hidden tabs button and the drawing button (I use touchscreen) disappeared. These two features were the main reason why I preferred Edge to any other browser, and now, they are gone. I wonder if it would be possible to return both or any of them back and if so, how? If that's not possible, where can I download an older version of Edge?

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T07:41:22+00:00

    I don't know about webpages but I used to liked editing pdf's on edge but as you said the draw function had been compromised. However, I found a solution that worked for me: go into settings in microsoft edge (3 dots at the top right of the screen>settings>about Microsoft Edge make sure you have the latest update and then press restart in order to complete the update. now I'm able to change the color of the pen and the thickness on pdf's

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-27T12:18:20+00:00

    Hi Derman_111

    development of Edge will continue (in the same way that windows does) with new features being added in future releases.

    you can send feedback to the development team (or Alt+Shift+I from within edge)

    we do know that tab set aside is being considered.

    in the meantime, if you want to go back to the old version of edge.

    you can uninstall Edge Chromium settings -> apps -> apps & features

    click on Microsoft Edge and click the uninstall button.

    The old Edge will then be available in the start menu program list.

    the taskbar icon is not automatically restored but edge can be pinned to the taskbar.

    hope this helps, please let me know if you experience any problems

    the command box isn't clicking. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-18T07:32:56+00:00

    The new edge update supports chrome extensions. Search "draw" in the chrome web store. It brings back the pen feature :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T16:25:49+00:00

    I don't think you can. I found this to be helpful though to revert to the old browswer:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSU2auHIyTM

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-24T18:05:42+00:00

    Wow, such a fast response! Thanks this was very helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments