Opening and reading PDF files in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am very frustrated with Microsoft Edge continuously hijacking PDFs. I run Adobe Acrobat and need to have the tools. I have tried the standard ways of setting Adobe as the default program for PDFs - through Control Panel, through Properties of the file, through Open with. None of these work for even an hour.
I have also tried a couple of hacks through Regedit that seem to work for others but not for me.
I am at the stage that if i could I would uninstall Edge.
So, how can I permanently set Adobe as the default program for PDFs?
Opening and reading PDF files in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
there is only one way to solve this, enter regedit and turn off the file in edge. google it
Hi Todd
I feel for you. I am lucky in that a full reformat (Win 10 Pro) solved the problem. I found no comfort or solutions from either Microsoft or Adobe. I would have thought that it is in their best interests to solve this as there are alternatives to both Windows and Adobe.
I wish you all the luck and maybe Windows 11 will be more reasonable.
Cheers
Lester