Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I love using Microsoft Edge, the new version is awesome. However, I'm not able to find option in settings.
I want to open search results link to new tab as soon as I click on any link. Currently, it the link is opened in same window and I lost the search result page.
Only if I click on a button it opens in a new tab. And I could not find any setting for this purpose.
Thanks,
Nishant
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Nishant. I'm Greg, an installation specialist, 10 years Windows MVP, and Volunteer Moderator here to help you.
Hold the Ctrl key and click the link to open in a new tab.
Hold the Shift key and click the link to open in a new page.
Hope it helps.
The original enquiry in this thread, posted more than nine months ago, was this:
I want to open search results link to new tab ...
This presumably applies to the results of a web search. How links on a search results page open is usually a setting in the search engine itself. The browser makes no distinction between these links - on a search results page - and any others. The marked answer gives a solution for all pages viewed in Edge, but it involves using the keyboard. I think the original enquirer was hoping to avoid this.
The selection is saved in a cookie. If you're signed in to the search page, it will also be saved in your profile so you don't have to make it again if you sign in on a different machine or in a different browser.
Hi Chris. I've been trying to do the same thing. How did you fix it? Having tabs pop up every time a click a link is crazy. I always end up with a ton of tabs when trying to do a search.
SteveSXD ...
NO one asked you to come into a Windows forum and talk about your thoughts on a company that steals your data and sells it to everyone. Google Chrome suck big ones and needs to be outlawed. They even stole their browser from the Open Source Chromium Project because they don't know how to invent things on their own.
Android, a secret stealing Google product they convinced you to CARRY WITH YOU to help them steal your data is ALSO just a new face put on a Unix derivative they also absconded from public domain, which is the reason they sell their phones for so little ... usually. When you buy and Android phone, you aren't paying for royalties for the OS, because they didn't pay for them, and they WANT you to have their secret stealing and behavior tracking product in your hand, and being stupid, you gladly LOVE them.
In the NEW Edge browser, they decided to use Google's tactics against them and used the same Open Source code, so now, you can load Google extensions to Edge, making it, not ONLY a WAY better browser, but it's much faster and more expandable to boot.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more