Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I love using Microsoft Edge, the new version is awesome. However, I'm not able to find option in settings.
I want to open search results link to new tab as soon as I click on any link. Currently, it the link is opened in same window and I lost the search result page.
Only if I click on a button it opens in a new tab. And I could not find any setting for this purpose.
Thanks,
Nishant
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Nishant. I'm Greg, an installation specialist, 10 years Windows MVP, and Volunteer Moderator here to help you.
Hold the Ctrl key and click the link to open in a new tab.
Hold the Shift key and click the link to open in a new page.
Hope it helps.
The original enquiry in this thread, posted more than nine months ago, was this:
I want to open search results link to new tab ...
This presumably applies to the results of a web search. How links on a search results page open is usually a setting in the search engine itself. The browser makes no distinction between these links - on a search results page - and any others. The marked answer gives a solution for all pages viewed in Edge, but it involves using the keyboard. I think the original enquirer was hoping to avoid this.
The selection is saved in a cookie. If you're signed in to the search page, it will also be saved in your profile so you don't have to make it again if you sign in on a different machine or in a different browser.
I want to make "open in new tab" the default for any link not local to the current web site. In Firefox there is a plug-in that gives me this ability. Does such a thing exist either in Edge (Chromium) or as an add-on?
The above information does not work as of 4/9/2021
are you stating that I have to be logged into "bing" for this function to work or just edge browser open? this setting is not in the options in the browser. I have to go to the bing site to set this? so if Im not using bing, I dont get this option?