How to remove cached Microsoft Edge accounts

Anonymous
2023-03-26T13:07:54+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support Community,

I found there are some "cached" email accounts are still listing under Microsoft Edge Browser Profile > Choose an account.

These accounts are old profiles which I signed in before, however I already removed these profiles several times ( there is no signed in profiles now), and also checked Windows Control Panel > User account, no related accounts there.

And I've double checked if these accounts are signed in Office 365 Client, but none of them singed in in my computer. I tried to find them via my computer settings > Work and School accounts, even I tried to check if they are cached from Office registry Identity, however I cannot find them.

May I know how should I remove them? Please advise, any help would be appreciated !

Ps: I am using windows 11 and the latest version of Microsoft Edge !

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-26T13:09:23+00:00

    Here are the accounts I want to remove, please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Paulo GM 72,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-03-26T15:44:00+00:00

    Hi Oliver, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

    Remove them again and then delete the Profile folder in this location to see if that helps.

    %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data

    There should be folders like "Profile #" in there used by the accounts. Make sure to check your main profile and not delete it by right-clicking the Edge shortcut or your current profile > Properties > Shortcut tab > Target (See the image as a reference)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-27T01:41:08+00:00

    Hello Paulo,

    Thanks for your kindly help and I will check it once available, and report back if it works or not.

    Appreciate your help,

    Oliver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Paulo GM 72,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-03-27T01:44:03+00:00

    You're very welcome :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-27T01:48:33+00:00

    Hello Paulo,

    As I signed in the email accounts in different platform, ipad, Mac, and now I found a similar issue in the Edge browser in Mac system, may I know if there is any possible folder in Mac which I could remove them too?

    Any help would be appreciated,

    Oliver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments