When I click on a URL Edge opens minimized on the Taskbar and flashing

Anonymous
2020-01-22T05:23:36+00:00

I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).

When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL.  All was fine.

With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you.  You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.

I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.

If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.

Pedro

* Original title: Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T18:15:52+00:00

    My problem didn't start until the update. I didn't install the new Edge when they first rolled it out. My problem started with the update. I have the Microsoft 365 subscription which comes with Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T18:50:32+00:00

    I would have thought with a new Edge and Outlook you would not have any issues from what I deduced in the posts. Then again I do not have Outlook.

    Maybe it has to do with online or in your machine.

    I wish you success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T19:42:14+00:00

    Thanks Peter,

    I think it's in the new Edge, I was doing great until the update forced me into.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T20:04:29+00:00

    Windows updates are known for causing issues, There was someone, Pedro I think, who has Outlook and Edge and is fine.

    I assume you have reinstalled Edge?

    You can always remove the update or run either system restore via recovery or recover and image if you have one saved on your external drive.

    I have Used Macrium Reflect free for about 30 system recoveries without a hitch. I hope one of these works for you.

    Here is how to work on Outlook.

    Select Microsoft Office/Outlook

    Click the Change. Select the Reinstall or Repair button, click Next. Select Detect and Repair. Click Install and follow any prompts provided by the repair tool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more