Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same flashing taskbar issue, Edge-new is my default and I do not use Mail, I use Outlook. So what's my problem?
H Charliesbutterfly
Your problem is the flashing Edge in the taskbar.
Seriously - I uninstalled New Edge, changed from Mail to Outlook and then reinstalled New Edge as my default browser. Make sure you update/check for updates for the New Edge.
I have not had a problem since.
Pedro
If you read all the posts, there is no one reason why there is a flashing icon because everyone has tried a combination of the variables mentioned. They appear to be; Outlook, Mail, Edge, etc.
Charles and Pedro seem to have the same setup yet one still has flashes. I think those like me with Mail will always have that a problem.
Of topic-I would have gotten a program with Outlook but did not know they dropped OCR from 2019 and only wanted Word at the time. I did not expect this flimsy Mail which is insecure and flawed.
Hi Peter D. N.
I sympathize with you.
Yep I have Office 2010 on my laptop and Office Pro 2016 on Desktop and it is this that Outlook is included.
I check all of my emails on my desktop now. Sorry I can't be of further help.
When I did move to Outlook I was still having problems until I deleted and then re-installed the New Edge and installed updates that were available for it. Now no problems,
Pedro
Thanks Pedro.
I either break down and buy Outlook or live with Mail but at least this nagging issue is resolved.
It is not a big issue but I wondered why Mail acted that way and if there was a fix.
You know what you get for nothing.
Tenga un buen día.
Otra Pedro :)