Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for trying to contribute to solve this item. Wondering if this is a isolated problem or maybe most of the people have not realized just yet. In any case, we are out of answers, for me I went back to old Edge.
Me too . I wonder the same. I am using Edge now but hope this gets worked out. I really do not know what to do except wait and feedback.
Are you using Windows mail app like me?
If so maybe that is the problem.
Hi Peter D. N.
Well the saga continues. I have diligently followed all advice given to the letter to rectify this problem we are having.
Today I deleted the new Edge that came with the 2020 update and did a re-install and made sure it was updated and the default browser. Did it fix the problem of not opening and just flashing in the task bar - simple answer is NO.
Why is it that the "Old " Edge is not a problem yet the new" Edge is.
On another note, there is so much unwanted activity when you open the new edge that is almost impossible to clear.
I, probably like all of you, am at a total loss and seriously considering making Chrome my default browser even though I don't like it. At least it works.
Pedro
We have different but related issues. I have both Chrome and Edge-New. If Edge is default and I click a link it is fine and opens. However if I do the same with Chrome as default the Chrome icon blinks so I click on it and it then opens.
You don't by chance have Windows Mail do you? If you do, it could be the culprit.
Hi Peter
Yep I am using Windows Mail.
It works fine with Chrome and also the "Old" Edge but not the new one. I am at a loss.
Pedro