When I click on a URL Edge opens minimized on the Taskbar and flashing

Anonymous
2020-01-22T05:23:36+00:00

I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).

When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL.  All was fine.

With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you.  You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.

I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.

If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.

Pedro

* Original title: Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T07:55:38+00:00

    Hi Alex

    Yes with whatever URL I clicked on.  Will see what happens when Microsoft does the May update download.  My understanding is that the new Edge is included.  The old edge working just fine.

    Pedro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T08:27:43+00:00

    I have the May update, no luck my friend... I used your proposed solution, going back to old Edge

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T15:21:32+00:00

    Oddly enough when Chrome is the default this same thing occurs but when Edge is default it opens the link directly. It may have to do with the default in your case. not mine.

    Try going to default apps and making new Edge the default.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T19:31:05+00:00

    Thanks for responding, but Edge is my default browser. Like the others above, I uninstalled it. I did reinstall it to see if that would fix the problem-it didn't, so I have uninstalled it, again. I have wasted enough time on this. I will use the old browser or Chrome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T19:39:00+00:00

    Thank you for confirming my feelings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments