Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thankyou QuestionCat
As I said, I followed the instructions given to me and was getting so frustrated.
You have now put my mind at ease. I used the only button available - Uninstall.
Many thanks
Pedro
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
I actually had the same problem, I got frustrated and I installed Chrome, however is showing same behavior, is this something potentially related to Windows 10 May 2020 update instead of new Edge version? In any case I am stuck with same problem. Can somebody provide some help?
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
I actually had the same problem, I got frustrated and I installed Chrome, however is showing same behavior, is this something potentially related to Windows 10 May 2020 update instead of new Edge version? In any case I am stuck with same problem. Can somebody provide some help?
AlexanderGonzalez9
When I was having this problem it was when the new Edge was first released. I am yet to download the May update.
My remedy to the problem was to delete the new Edge and re-install the old edge which I am still using. I do have a problem with Chrome. It is running in dark mode and no matter what I do, I can't take it out of this mode. I have started to use Brave browser instead.
Pedro
Pedro, Happy you solve the issue in a certain way...did you have this issue with all the URL link you were trying to open or just specifically opening URLs coming from the windows Mail app, within email messages?
Alex