When I click on a URL Edge opens minimized on the Taskbar and flashing

Anonymous
2020-01-22T05:23:36+00:00

I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).

When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL.  All was fine.

With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you.  You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.

I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.

If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.

Pedro

* Original title: Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T06:34:54+00:00

    I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).

    When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL.  All was fine.

    With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you.  You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.

    I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.

    If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.

    Pedro

    * Original title: Microsoft Edge

    I actually had the same problem, I got frustrated and I installed Chrome, however is showing same behavior, is this something potentially related to Windows 10 May 2020 update instead of new Edge version? In any case I am stuck with same problem. Can somebody provide some help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T05:12:44+00:00

    Thankyou QuestionCat

    As I said, I followed the instructions given to me and was getting so frustrated.

    You have now put my mind at ease.  I used the only button available - Uninstall.

    Many thanks

    Pedro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T04:51:21+00:00

    I can confirm that it's just not there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T04:24:25+00:00

    Hi Greg

    It's me again. went to Windows Settings, Apps and Features, Edge (Old), Advanced.

    I can see where you mention reset etc..

    When the new Edge is installed, this is not available.  Advanced does not appear at all.

    The only box that you can check is "Uninstall".

    I have now reverted back to the old Edge by using this Uninstall tab

    Think I will stick with the old for now.

    Many thanks for your help.

    Pedro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments