When I click on a URL Edge opens minimized on the Taskbar and flashing

Anonymous
2020-01-22T05:23:36+00:00

I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).

When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL.  All was fine.

With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you.  You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.

I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.

If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.

Pedro

* Original title: Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T11:52:31+00:00

    Hi Peter D. N.

    Well the saga continues.  I have diligently followed all advice given to the letter to rectify this problem we are having.

    Today I deleted the new Edge that came with the 2020 update and did a re-install and made sure it was updated and the default browser.  Did it fix the problem of not opening and just flashing in the task bar - simple answer is NO.

    Why is it that the "Old " Edge is not a problem yet the new" Edge is.

    On another note, there is so much unwanted activity when you open the new edge that is almost impossible to clear.

    I, probably like all of you, am at a total loss and seriously considering making Chrome my default browser even though I don't like it.  At least it works.

    Pedro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T11:38:21+00:00

    Me too . I wonder the same. I am using Edge now but hope this gets worked out. I really do not know what to do except wait and feedback.

    Are you using Windows mail app like me?

    If so maybe that is the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T04:30:12+00:00

    Thanks for trying to contribute to solve this item. Wondering if this is a isolated problem or maybe most of the people have not realized just yet. In any case, we are out of answers, for me I went back to old Edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T19:39:00+00:00

    Thank you for confirming my feelings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T19:31:05+00:00

    Thanks for responding, but Edge is my default browser. Like the others above, I uninstalled it. I did reinstall it to see if that would fix the problem-it didn't, so I have uninstalled it, again. I have wasted enough time on this. I will use the old browser or Chrome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments