When I click on a URL Edge opens minimized on the Taskbar and flashing

Anonymous
2020-01-22T05:23:36+00:00

I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).

When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL.  All was fine.

With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you.  You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.

I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.

If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.

Pedro

* Original title: Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T17:05:43+00:00

    Peter, I think you solved the problem! It is Windows Mail. I reinstalled the new Edge and used it with Outlook and the browser opened normally. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T16:48:44+00:00

    That's interesting. I am using the Window mail app, as well. Just might be the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T12:28:13+00:00

    Oh, Oh!  With Windows Mail being common to both it may be the reason.

    I have important info in the mail Folders or I would remove it and try another mail app.

    I think it is the problem.

    Do you think Mail could be the issue here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T12:18:26+00:00

    Hi Peter

    Yep I am using Windows Mail.

    It works fine with Chrome and also the "Old" Edge but not the new one.  I am at a loss.

    Pedro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T12:04:37+00:00

    We have different but related issues. I have both Chrome and Edge-New. If Edge is default and I click a link it is fine and opens. However if I do the same with Chrome as  default the Chrome icon blinks so I click on it and it then opens.

    You don't by chance have Windows Mail do you? If you do, it could be the culprit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments