Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Pedro
This is Peter. When you say you have Outlook do you mean the paid version? When you subscribe to 365 I think you get it.
I have MS Home an Student 2019 and it dos not contain Outlook or any mail so I use Windows free, the Mail that comes with Windows.
I find when I use Edge, Mail work fine. When I use Chrome I have a problem. Try another browser than the one giving you trouble with Mail.
El otra Pedro - hable mi amio?
Hi All
Back again. Give Windows Mail the boot. I have managed to get Outlook up and running and have no problems. Have also tried Gmail and no problems. Went back to Mail again and no joy. I think someone needs to check it out to ascertain what the problem with Mail is.
Will stick with Outlook for the time being but do actually prefer Windows Mail.
Anyway, hopefully no more frustrations.
Pedro
Please explain.
open internet explorer
I am glad it worked out for you. I use Windows Mail as I installed MS Home and Student 2019 not so I don't have Outlook.
They stopped OCR in OneNote with 2019 and have it in 2016 and 2010.