Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks Peter,
I think it's in the new Edge, I was doing great until the update forced me into.
I would have thought with a new Edge and Outlook you would not have any issues from what I deduced in the posts. Then again I do not have Outlook.
Maybe it has to do with online or in your machine.
I wish you success.
My problem didn't start until the update. I didn't install the new Edge when they first rolled it out. My problem started with the update. I have the Microsoft 365 subscription which comes with Outlook.
Thanks Pedro.
I either break down and buy Outlook or live with Mail but at least this nagging issue is resolved.
It is not a big issue but I wondered why Mail acted that way and if there was a fix.
You know what you get for nothing.
Tenga un buen día.
Otra Pedro :)
Hi Peter D. N.
I sympathize with you.
Yep I have Office 2010 on my laptop and Office Pro 2016 on Desktop and it is this that Outlook is included.
I check all of my emails on my desktop now. Sorry I can't be of further help.
When I did move to Outlook I was still having problems until I deleted and then re-installed the New Edge and installed updates that were available for it. Now no problems,
Pedro