Open a specific page or pages broken since KB4023057 / KB5003173 (only works if you set Bing as the default search engine).....

Anonymous
2021-05-12T21:29:00+00:00

Since installing KB4023057 / KB5003173 the Edge 'On start up' setting of 'Open a specific page or pages' no longer works.... Well I say it no longer works... It works if you set the default search engine to Bing, anything other than Bing and it only brings up the MSN news feed (as you would normally get when you open a new tab).

This is pretty annoying, and a big issue in my opinion (forcing people into using Bing, especially with the new nag windows that you cannot get rid of).....

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-17T21:48:58+00:00

    Hello,

    My name is Ben, and I'm a Community Manager for Microsoft Edge. I'm sorry to hear you've been having this problem. The team and I definitely want to investigate this and, to do so, I'd like to ask you a few more questions. Please reply to the following when you get the chance:

    • Have you been able to recreate this issue on a Guest profile?
    • Have you disabled all Extensions while troubleshooting?
    • Does this issue happen in both Dev and Canary, as well?

    These details will help me to pin down the situation as the team looks into the matter. If you have any other information you think may help, as well, please don't hesitate to let me know.

    I appreciate your taking the time to report this!

    -Ben

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T07:15:32+00:00

    Hi Ben, 

    Thanks for taking up the baton, answers below:

    • Have you been able to recreate this issue on a Guest profile?  'New' profile - Yes (Guest profile - not sure how?)
    • Have you disabled all Extensions while troubleshooting?  Yes
    • Does this issue happen in both Dev and Canary, as well?  No

    Seems to be OK in both Dev & Canary which is interesting.....

    Maybe I should uninstall Edge using PowerShell and reinstall (not sure how to pull the latter).

    Cheers,

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T07:44:34+00:00

    OK I uninstalled Edge using a program called 'geek' (PowerShell command would not get rid of it....). Then reinstalled by normal browser download, and still the same.....  :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T10:22:39+00:00

    "Open a specific page or pages broken ..."

    • Have you been able to recreate this issue on a Guest profile?  Yes

    Really curious: how do you set a start-up page on the Guest profile? You can't, right? And the new tab page is just a notice explaining how a guest account operates. So I'm wondering which issue you were able to recreate ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T11:09:47+00:00

    Good point - I took that new be a new profile rather than guest profile (I thought it was odd to be asked something that had already been tried...). I will edit my comment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments