Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Since installing KB4023057 / KB5003173 the Edge 'On start up' setting of 'Open a specific page or pages' no longer works.... Well I say it no longer works... It works if you set the default search engine to Bing, anything other than Bing and it only brings up the MSN news feed (as you would normally get when you open a new tab).
This is pretty annoying, and a big issue in my opinion (forcing people into using Bing, especially with the new nag windows that you cannot get rid of).....
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
i had same problem but there is a new update for edge check if you got it
I have been using the nag window in settings (top right 'restore recommended browser settings') or the Edge 'reset defaults'. For me, every time I do this (and Bing ends up as the default search engine) then the problem goes away....
maybe if you try putting google or something else it will work
Same problem here Tried setting bing as default search and keeps reverting back to missing the pages in my startup. Guesss I'll be going back to chrome again if Microsoft keep breaking things
You mean you reset Edge to defaults? I just did that, but made no difference. Still will not retain my start up page as long as the default search engine is not Bing.... As soon as I change it back to Bing, poof - my designated start up page dissapears to be replaced by the new tab window.