Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T01:09:46+00:00

    Sorry for not checking this out earlier, but I have been out of town and my PC is a desktop. I use an iPad when travelling.

    Thanks Milt! That worked. I did rename the Edge folder to EE_Edge before I tried it and when it came up it wanted to import info from Google, I am assuming Chrome. I rejected that and was going to export info from Firefox, but I checked Edge and all my web sites and info were present.

    Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T21:04:42+00:00

    Mit Forgive me, I have another question about Edge. It is NOW and HAS BEEN lots of times opening some new "random" page when I click on one of the menu items. I'm trying to shut that down somehow, but having no success.

    It's annoying because it changes so fast you think you went to the page you wanted, and it's tempting to start doing the typing, but it's always some advertisement.

    Any ideas??

    John Kbiler

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T21:36:33+00:00

    I haven't seen anything like this. But I am not sure I understand what menu items you are talking about. do you mean favorites or maybe the dropdown menu from the 3 dots at the top right on Edge itsself or tabs you may have open??.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T23:10:46+00:00

    I will get back to you Mit....

    I MIGHT have fixed it. I went to Settings, Start, Home and new tabs and turned off the preload newtabs so stop Edge from loading what it thinks the new tab should be. So far, it might be OK.

    Whenever I went to a site, and clicked an option, one of those new windows would pop up.

    I'll let you know in a few days if it is still doing it.

    John K.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T01:29:48+00:00

    Yea I have mine set to just load
    https://start.duckduckgo.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments